Sunday, August 24, 2014

Let's talk - You know what I look up to?



I watched an interview of Will Smith with his family, and he said something interesting: Greatness lives on the edge of destruction. The phoenix rises from the ashes. 
(He explains it a little bit in the interview, but I´ll tell my own interpretation.)

There is greatness in the moment where you're almost defeated. Because from there you can rise higher. You will become a better and stronger person from the obstacles you face.
Let´s say you have a goal. Don´t be afraid to take risks, because you're afraid to fall down. No, you keep going, and keep on fighting. Because even when you get beaten down, in the end you'll be greater. And maybe that's easier said than done. But I love that mentality, to always keep going to reach you goals. To stay loyal to your ideals.

Fighting for what you want. To me that is living life to it's fullest potential, and that's what I look up to. I look up to people who live life to the fullest so much. They make each moment count, no time to waste. No overthinking, regrets or being ashamed of who you really are.

But I don't mean to say that living to the fullest means that you solely fight for what you want. You also have to enjoy life to the max. Life could be short, so make it meaningful. Every moment is special.

Some quotes that are related to this:

~ 'I know that every mile, will be worth my while.' - Disney song: Go the distance.

~“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”

I think kids are better at living life to the fullest. Don't get me wrong, a lot of adults know how to do it. But it comes so natural to kids. I think it's their constant excitement and curiosity to discover new things. And also, they don't worry about what other people think. So don't overthink, be free and stay excited! :)

Much love, Nolia



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think ! :)